To meet the increased demand of the rapidly expanding Melton-Caroline Springs area, Melbourne Water wish to construct a 3.25 km 1150 mm diameter pipeline along Melton Highway.
In the short term, the new pipeline is required to provide an east-west link along Melton Highway to supply water to the adjacent growth areas serviced by City West Water (CWW) and Western Water (WW). Melbourne Water has undertaken a functional design for the M486 Holden Reservoir Inlet Pipeline to identify the scope of works required.
Scope of Work
Supply, design, manufacture, construct, install, integrate, test and commission the M486 Holden Reservoir Pipeline Project water main, along Melton Highway, including:
- Approximately 3250m of DN1150 MSCL inlet pipeline
- Cross connections for CWW and WW including organising shutdowns.
- Air, scour, divide valves, fittings and appurtenances
- 1x non-billing flow meter and pressure transmitter
- Cathodic Protection system, cabinets and electrical supply
- Relocation of section of Western Water main to enable space for M333 connection at CH3245.
- Liaise and co-ordinate works with Wood for programming of the PLC/SCADA connection
Innovation & Complexity
The existing alignment for the M486 Water Main has several challenges which SFP will over come by re-aligning the pipeline. The proposed new alignment would run on the Northern Side of the single carriageway section of the Melton Highway (CH00 to CH1080), transition into the medium strip at Sanctuary Rd (CH1080 to CH1160) and then travelling within the medium strip to the final connection to M333 (CH1160 to CH3255).
Key Staff Involved